pin it

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Subway Art and doormat

We have a wall with a pass through so there's an empty chuck of wall in our living room. I am loving the subway art trend right now so I decided it would be cool to make one for all the places that we have lived since we got married.


Cheri at I am momma hear me roar has a great tutorial for creating subway art so I won't do a tutorial for you. I created a 24x36 inch document in Adobe Illustrator and filled it with the cities and states we've lived in. I saved it as a pdf and then took it on a flashdrive to Office Depot and had it printed as an "engineer blueprint". It was the perfect size for our wall!



We also needed a new doormat for our entryway but I couldn't find anything I liked. I turned to Artscow.comhttp://www.artscow.com/ and created a doormat by creating the image in Illustrator and uploading it to their site. It ended up being $29 shipped and arrived pretty quickly! The quality seems good and it says it's machine washable. I haven't tested that out yet so we'll have to see but I LOVE it!




I just thought I'd pop in and show you some of the non-sewing crafts I've been up to lately! Hope you are having a wonderful Easter week! Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment