pin it

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frilly Wrap Dress

So I'm obviously on a bit of a dress kick. My daughter had a growth spurt and all her dress barely cover her bum anymore! So I made her this little wrap top dress with...you guessed it....more ruffles!





 She is obsessed with these necklaces she found in my endless jewelry drawer and gets really mad if I take them off of her! I'm pretty excited that she likes accessories as much as I do!



It's a tiny bit small on the ribcage so I think i'll unpick the ruffle hem and add a panel to the side to give her a little more breathing room. Now that it's finished, there's some things I would have done differently, and my stitching is a hot mess in some places so don't look too closely! I was thinking about doing a tutorial for this one as well since I think it'd be super cute in navy blue.

Also, i'm working on the tutorial for the ruffle collar dress since a few of you asked for it. Look for that next week!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by! Your comments seriously make my day and you are all so kind and talented yourselves (that's right! I stop by your blogs too!) Hope you are having a wonderful and springy feeling week!!

3 comments: